My Role: Product Designer
Core Team: 7
Project Duration: 4 months
For my course project on Systems Analysis and Design, my team took on the task to create a mobile app that allows individuals and organizations to share surplus goods and other consumables within their communities.
The product team was made up of 7 members in which I served as a Product Designer and System Analyst. My role involved researching and writing Use Cases and User Scenarios, as well as documenting the functional overview in a systems requirements document.
In our prototyping rounds, I helped prototype the user flow for the “Volunteer” user using Figma. We followed the scrum methodology and worked using a continuous integration pipeline.
The MVP product:
We conducted some user research and analysis and settled on a core product where:
- Users can create an account to use the app.
- Donors can List food items that they are ready to donate.
- Volunteers and Recipients can “Reserve” a listing for collection.
- Users can rate their transactions with other users.
- Users can view their transactions and activity history.
- Users can report profiles and listings to maintain content quality.
Tools & Softwares used:
#Figma #Lucidchart #Google Drive, Docs, #Excel #MS Office Suite.