- Review and update the Service Strategy for the student government association.
- Update the Brand Design to reflect a refreshed value system.
- Develop a new website to reflect latest branding and organization information.
- Design accompanying business materials including Custom Stationary, Posters and Brochures.
My Role: Project Manager, Marketing Designer
Core Team: 3
Project Duration: 10 months
The Graduate Student Association at my university recruited me as Marketing Manager to manage its rebranding initiative. My major responsibilities were to oversee the design and delivery of a refreshed brand identity as well as to reconnect with organization members. This included updating the brand logo and letterhead, refreshing the website, creating new custom stationary, posters, and brochures. I collaborated with various subcontractors, wrote technical specifications for the website, and copy-wrote the content for the website and marketing materials.
Halfway through the project, I had the opportunity to continue as Lead Project Manager for the entire initiative. My additional responsibilities then included overseeing other projects like the delivery of an updated services portfolio, revising the organization’s knowledge management system, and finally creating its marketing and social media strategy.
To accomplish the project, I collaborated with a core team that comprised of a Finance Manager, a Programming Manager, Academic Representatives, and sub-project leaders.
- Tasks: All primary tasks were completed on time and within budget.
- Engagement: Social media engagement grew by 200% within the first three months of relaunch. Student attendance tripled in general body meetings compared to the year before, and we successfully secured representation in all university admin committees open to students.
- Leadership interest: Successful candidates were appointed for all 6 of the Executive board roles, as well as 26 out of the available 32 department rep roles.
- Recognition: The organization went on to win the university’s award for Student Organization of the Year the following year.
Tools & Softwares used:
#Google Drive, Docs, & Sheets #MS Office Suite #Photoshop, #Illustrator, #HTML/CSS, .